Thursday, November 17, 2005

Interlude 2: 723 words; 29,531 total

Interlude 2: Message logs

From: Alyssa Dreamstone
To: Anton Kirillovich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 14:11 CST
Subject: Once more unto the breech

Am at work now. So's His Stiffness, and already with the questions. Wants to interview the big boss tonight. When are you dragging yourself in? Time's a-wasting.
-Al

 

From: Anton Kirillovich Rossov
To: Alyssa Dreamstone
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 14:26 CST
Subject: Re: Once more unto the breech

Tough luck, darling - I'll be dragging myself after Rachel this evening. Father should be in on time, though, or earlier if I manage to convince him. And if he and our esteemed security chief can be persuaded to part ways for more than five minutes at a time. (You don't want to hear about the night I just had.)

Tell Michael I'm very sorry and will take him out to dinner on Sunday, circumstances permitting, to make up for it.
-Tosha

 

From: Alyssa Dreamstone
To: Anton Kirillovich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 14:32 CST
Subject: I hate you

Coward. And do your own flirting. If you're not here by ten, I'll be waiting with a stake.

 


From: Alyssa Dreamstone
To: Kirill Yevgenyevich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 14:45 CST
Subject: Operation briefing

Dear Kirill Yevgenyevich,

I don't know how much information about yesterday Anton Kirillovich has managed to give you, so I'm enclosing a short summary of last night's activities. The areas highlighted in red are those that Holcombe's bound to ask you about. By the way, I'll be obliged if you impress upon Anton Kirillovich how much he is needed at the office right now; I'm sure Rachel Efraimovna should also be on site due to recent security concerns.

Regards,

Alyssa

 

From: Anton Kirillovich Rossov
To: Kirill Yevgenyevich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 15:21 CST
Subject: Surveillance report #1

We're at Rachel's. No suspicious activity found, unless you count the fact all her posessions fit into two gym bags & a briefcase, and that's books included. How much stuff does she keep over at the house, anyway? Library's next, should be fairly safe.

-Anton

P.S. R's as jumpy as a frog. What'd you do last night, propose? & if you did, dibs on best man.

 

From: Kirill Yevgenyevich
To: Anton Kirillovich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 16:32 CST
Subject: Re: Surveillance report #1

Anton,

There should be no trouble at the library - I have just talked with Magister Lowell, and apparently the security enhancements that have been undertaken in the Alhambra encompassed the Library Magical. Be on your guard everywhere else. May the night look kindly upon all your deeds.

Regarding Rachel, I thank you for this high assessment of my state of mind and reason. Rest assured that if such a thing should come to pass, you feature prominently in the record of my last will. Nevertheless, please treat her gently - last night brought some developments that may weigh on her mind.

- Kirill

 

From: Malory
To: Kirill Yevgenyevich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 16:58 CST
Subject: I win

Remember when you swore Tosha would never get Nathaniel to do anything in the library? Sounds reaching my long-suffering ears prove you wrong. Hah!

(Remind me, what were the stakes anyway? :))))) )

XXX R

 

From: Kirill Yevgenyevich
To: Rachel
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 17:34 CST
Subject: Re: I win

Dear Rachel,

I believe the stake was a three-hour period of being at the other person's whims.

I hope that if any preparations are necessary, you will inform me in advance.

I remain your humble servant,

Kirill Yevgenyevich Rossov

 

From: Malory
To: Kirill Yevgenyevich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 17:39 CST
Subject: Re: Re: I win

Tease. I hate typing on this thing. Fingers hurt. C U round 10

XXX R

 

From: Anton Kirillovich Rossov
To: Kirill Yevgenyevich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 20:25 CST
Subject: Surveillance report #2

At Charlie's, nightclub off Mariam Street. Rachel's getting her interrogator groove on. I think she's feeling better. Learning stuff, too. We'll be at the office as soon as we finish here.

-Anton

 


From: Kirill Yevgenyevich
To: Anton Kirillovich
Date: Wed 11 Oct 2005, 20:41 CST
Subject: Return immediately

Damian's Rayyven was found dead. Get Rachel back here, now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plot thickens - and I really like the way you've used the messages to do this... The variety in tone is good.

4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home